Thursday, March 31, 2016

Does Purex plus Clorox 2 Really Work?

The Purex brand provided me with a sample of Purex plus Clorox 2 detergent in exchange for a product review. However all the opinions expressed here are my own. 




I love it when I get a care package from Purex. Purex plus Clorox 2 just came out in stores and I have a wonderful chance for 3 winners to try it out free by winning a coupon from me. Purex plus Clorox 2  is a new detergent that is made to work on 100 stains. Not only can you do some serious stain fighting  but you can also use it on colors and it's bleach free. This comes in two scents Original Fresh and Sunny Linen. I was sent the Original Fresh for testing purposes. Some main features are below.

  • 3 Stain-Fighting Enzymes
  • Safe For Colors
  • Works on 100 stains
  • 2 Fragrances: Original Fresh & Sunny Linen
  • Bleach Free


Purex plus Clorox 2 contains 3 stain-fighting enzymes to remove those 100 stains. Including chocolate and tomato sauce, grass and blood, ice cream and BBQ sauce. I'm sure this must include Ketchup which is probably my favorite condiment. Many more stains to follow. Which leads me to my next project. 



I just got my daughter a new top. It was the second time she had worn it. Unfortunately it was covered in chocolate milk. I washed it right away when we got home but it didnt matter. It was stained and washing it did not do anything but make it stand out even more against the white top. She couldn't wear it looking like that. So I decided it needed some serious stain removal. I followed the initial instructions to pre-treat the stain with the detergent and rub it in. I decided that I wanted to get a bit more serious than that and I soaked it in water overnight just to make sure that it would remove anything that remained. The chocolate milk had actually gone down the shirt on the inside so there were stains you didn't see on the outside but were clearly visible on the inside. So I treated both the inside and the outside to a nice rub.


Purex suggests to pre-treat the stain with Purex plus Clorox 2 detergent into the fabric and letting it sit for 5 minutes.


So did it WORK?






And



 Not only do the results speak for themselves but the before picture was taken after washing it with a different detergent. The stain remained. So Purex plus Clorox 2 was used and the stain is basically gone. And the top is whiter too. Now she can wear it again and the outfit isn't lost due to stains. To be honest I did not expect this result and was surprised at how it came out. I'm a believer now. Do you want to try your own stain removing projects? Enter below to win a coupon for your own Purex plus Clorox 2 detergent. 






a Rafflecopter giveaway
 Locate Purex on their Social Media pages for more information about Purex Products.

The Purex brand provided me with a sample of Purex plus Clorox 2 detergent in exchange for a product review. However all the opinions expressed here are my own. 

19 comments:

  1. I just hate putting all of the laundry away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jessica. I have a huge stack of linens on my table right now. Can't I just wish it into the closet? :D

      Delete
  2. Getting stains out is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting it away is the worst part for me. Doing the laundry is easy compared to sorting it out and taking it to individual dressers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you like me where you have way more laundry than you do space for it? I need a walk in closet :)

      Delete
  4. Folding is always the worst especially when everything comes out of the dryer mysteriously inside out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Elle, I am with you on this one. Or when a comforter is wrapped tightly around itself.

      Delete
  5. I hate having to put the clean laundry away - I'd totally live out of a laundry basket if I could

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stains and folding and washing! Haha, I hate it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate folding clothes (and putting them away).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really hate trying to get stains out of the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate matching socks..Probably why I have a basket full yet to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats funny! Do you have an active sock thief at your house too? ;)

      Delete
  10. Pairing up socks. Hate it. I'm likely to leave them in the basket and just grab as I go, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My secret weapon is to buy socks all the same color and everything so they all match :D

      Delete
  11. I really hate treating stains.So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate finding a place to hang dry all of my stuff

    ReplyDelete
  13. My worst part of laundry is treating the ring around the collar stains on my husband's dress shirts! My email is traciemichelle0515@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do not like stains when doing laundry because if they don't come out, I get really frustrated at the fact that the clothes are ruined.

    ReplyDelete