Thursday, February 26, 2015

Adovia 100% Dead Sea Bath Salts Review




Ah yes when I can try spa products in the comfort of my own home! Adovia asked me to review their 100% Dead Sea Bath Salts which are for Mineral Rich Bath Soaks. They are finely ground to dissolve quickly. There are many benefits when taking a Dead Sea Salt soak.  For me it is for my Psoriasis, but it can help those with Eczema and Arthritis. It also is great for soothing and relaxation spa style.


Most of you know I have twin girls that just turned 2.  About 30 days after they were born I got a dry patch on my leg. I wasn't sure what it was and figured it would go away. But it didn't and I went to the doctor who thought it was ringworm (gasp) or a fungal infection. They prescribed an anti-fungal cream which I used twice a day and there was absolutely no change. So when I went back she took one look at my dry silvery elbows and said, " You have Psoriasis!!" Because by that time little dry patches were all over my legs. That one patch was a large patch and basically I was covered in Psoriasis. Psoriasis is an auto immune disorder that affects your skin. Dead Sea Salts have notoriously been a product used by people with my disorder in order to treat the skin and seek relief.


I decided to take my bath with the salts. I used it to exfoliate before it dissolved into the water.  There are no additives , chemicals or perfumes so this is a natural product. It also has higher levels of Minerals than Epsom Salts.I don't have arthritis but its supposed to be great for join pains, and muscle pain disorder.

Just toss a cup of this Dead Sea Bath Salts into your warm bath you are drawing. Soak for 20 minutes and then rinse off. You can also draw a warm bath like I did and then take the salt out and apply it directly to the skin and let it dissolve into your bath to soak . After my soak my skin didn't itch so it was a nice relaxing experience. It also left my skin much softer which is a huge plus. It is so nice to have this at your disposal at home rather than at a spa. You avoid both the trip and the expense with this product. It says there are over 26 essential minerals so you are definitely still getting a spa experience. 

You can try adding a few drops of lavender essential oil to your bath to give it a nice scent while still staying natural. You could also use this to make a nice body scrub using essential oils and a few other products. If you would like for me to cover a DIY on this topic let me know in the comments below.

You can check out Adovia 100% Dead Sea Bath Salts HERE.

I did receive a sample of this product from Adovia in order to facilitate this review but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment