Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pure Body Naturals Lemon Oil

* I received a free sample in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own

 I am on this big DIY essential oil kick. I have super sensitive skin and I've been experimenting with making my own products for awhile. Pure Body Naturals asked me to review this lemon oil and I was very excited to go ahead and add Lemon Oil to my list of DIY ingredients.

When I first started looking into what I could do with Lemon Oil I was pretty floored by all the options and things that it was recommended for. So I will cover a few that I found interesting enough to try. There are literally dozens more recommended uses for it so feel free to Google it on your own.

Disinfectant: I am allergic to certain chemical cleaners. So adding a combination of tea tree oil and lemon oil to 16 oz of water add a splash of white vinegar in a spray bottle makes a nice kitchen counter disinfectant/cleaner.

Facial Cleanser: I have used orange oil facial cleansers and regular oil facial cleansers but you can also use Lemon Oil as a facial cleanser. Grab your baking soda and some honey and drop a couple drops of lemon oil and you have your facial cleanser recipe right there, and it won't cost you a fortune. OR a visit to the spa.

Got Sticky? Use this as a natural goo remover. Got sticker sticky left over? Or gum stuck in the hair or on the carpet? Use this to help dissolve the sticky offender and remove the gum residue from the surface.

Body Wash: Ok, so this one is my favorite I took some Organic Castile Soap as a base and added Lemon Oil and Peppermint Oil to make my own Lemon Mint Body Wash. Pure Body Naturals also makes a Peppermint Oil that you can find HERE. This made a citrus minty refreshing body wash that was awesome. You can also add your Lemon Oil to any body wash and add a lemon scent to the existing scent or you can purchase a more neutral body wash and add your own scents. Mix and match and create your own.

Lemon Dr Pepper? I am a Dr Pepper fan vs the "others" so when I enthusiastically used 3 drops I underestimated the 100% pure lemon oil that this lemon is. You only need one drop, and that goes for the water too. One is plenty. Use whatever soda you like even Sprite to lemon it up. This means that this 4oz bottle is going to last me a good long time.

 Daily Glass of Lemon Water: A drop in a glass of water every day. I have heard this is good for your digestive system.  I've also heard it speeds up your metabolism. Either way its not bad tasting at all. I normally add lemon juice so using this was just as easy. Just add a drop or two in your water to taste and drink away.

 Toothpaste: Say what? Yes Toothpaste. I actually have tried a natural toothpaste that comes in an oil form and you drop it on your toothbrush. When I looked at the ingredients it was just essential oils and coconut oil. So add some lemon oil, coconut oil and baking soda and voila a fancy diy natural toothpaste that you can take anywhere and use anywhere such as camping.

You can check out Pure Body Naturals Lemon Oil HERE.


 #essentialoil

No comments:

Post a Comment