Sunday, January 25, 2015

Best Camping Lantern the AYL StarLight 330 Review

* I was provided with a sample to facilitate a review, all opinions are my own.
This lamp came at the perfect time. During winter months the power often goes out due to bad weather.  The lantern I currently have is made by a large brand name company but it does not give off a bright light and it also eats batteries like they are going out of style. I was frustrated with my lantern and was thinking of buying a new one when the opportunity to review the AYL StarLight 330 300 Lumens LED Ultra Bright Lantern.

Just before I ordered this I had my Lantern not turn on just after putting new batteries in it. I'd only used it a handful of times. It didn't really light much anyway. So when I got this AYL Starlight Lantern and took it out of the box I was super impressed. It outperforms my leading brand name lantern by far. First I'll just say it, the looks are so much more handsome on this lantern than my old one. Second its LED. Third it takes D batteries instead of AA so you know its going to last longer than 10 minutes. In fact I turned this on and left it on by accident for 20 minutes and it was still going strong. It has 3 settings You click it once and it turns on, click it twice it is on HIGH, click it three times and its on flash/emergency setting.

It has a hook on the bottom and handle on the top. You can hang it by the hook on the bottom. If you don't need the extra light than just hang it from the handle on top or set it on top of something. I really like the rubber sealing around the lantern. Its grippy and good for holding in rain, it protects against the elements is water resistant and it looks nice. In comparison my old lantern is nowhere near as nice looking and its not nearly as comfortable to hold.

Now that this has arrived, one of the features really got put to use is the blinking light. In the winter months the power frequently goes out which is why I have a lantern handy. I had just received this and put batteries in it and set it aside when a day later the power went out at night. It was pitch black, and I turned to grab my lantern and I instantly found it. This light lets you find the lantern in the dark easily just like I did, but it also lets you know if your batteries are dead and need to be replaced. It doesn't take much battery life at all. Just one more safety feature.

The brightness of the lantern is pretty impressive. It goes pretty far but on HIGH its rather bright. It would be great for luminating areas while camping or working outside at night. Otherwise the regular setting is perfect for camping and lighting up a tent. Overall I recommend this lantern for the length of life for the LED bulb which lists at 100,000 hours & 300 lumens. On a full set of batteries it says over 6 days. Which is rather impressive.

Check out the lantern HERE.

#brightestLEDlantern

1 comment: