Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Oleavine Beauty Konjac Sponge Review



Oleavine Beauty Konjac Sponge


What is a Konjac Sponge?


Ok your first question what does Konjac mean? Konjac is a plant grown in South Korea on the island of Jeju. There it is free from chemicals, pollution and other irritants. Which is totally awesome because as you may already know I have chemical allergies and skin conditions. I really need a product that is irritant free. 


Now don't get scared over it's appearance it may look hard but once the water hits this sponge it is totally soft. When it first arrived it was dry and kind of hard. I was wondering how it would feel on my face. But it hydrates almost instantly the first time you get it wet. It gently exfoliates without being harsh on your skin. In fact its so soft that I can use this on my one year old. It's that soft. But because of the structure of the sponge it also cleanses. This sponge also contains activated bamboo charcoal, which absorbs toxins, fights bacteria and excess oils. 


The shape is perfect for holding in your hand. Instead of the rectangle shape most sponges are in this one is ergonomic. It's made to fit into those small areas around your eyes and nose but still large enough that you can even use it as a body sponge. 


100% Biodegradable and Sustainable

This sponge can totally be tossed into your garden or compost and will make no environmental impact at all whatsoever. Because it is harvested from the Konjac plant it is already as natural as can be.
Not Tested on Animals, and Vegan Friendly 
It is sad that we even have to talk about this but being safe for humans AND animals is really important.  I'm so glad they support this.
Has NO Added Dyes or Colorants
Dyes and colorants don't need to be in beauty skin care products. They can cause irritation an some are allergic to certain dyes. Why take the risk when you can use something you know won't cause a problem.

Using it in the shower on my face and my body it is so soft. It really does feel nice on the face. I used it everywhere behind my ears, neck , face and also my body. I love how large the sponge is so I can use it in any area that I decide. I could use it for just a face sponge or a body sponge. Either way my skin felt like it was more than just washed but exfoliated as well. My skin felt refreshed and clean after using it. I'm amazed that it comes from a plant and is such a green product. The proper way to use your sponge is to flatten it instead of wringing it dry, this helps preserve your sponge for further use. It also comes with a thread to hang it on a hook for it to dry easily. Have you ever heard of or used a Konjac sponge? Let me know in the comments below.



#beautysponge


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. These konjac sponges are awesome! (: I just recently learned about them and I really like the benefits! I also love that they are biodegradable!

    ReplyDelete