Saturday, September 27, 2014

Matcha Green Tea powder by Kiss Me Organics Review


Organic Matcha Green Tea by Kiss Me Organics
I had the opportunity to review Organic Matcha Green Tea by Kiss Me Organics. It is culinary grade which means its perfect for baking and cooking in food. I know that Green Tea is high in antioxidants but I have never really liked the taste of it. So when I heard that I could buy a culinary grade Green Tea Matcha powder I was intrigued. This meant I could bake with it, cook with it add it to my coffe (major coffee addict here) and therefore it wasn't straight green tea flavor. A lot of people use it to add to their smoothies.

 For some of you who have never heard of this and don't know what Matcha is let me explain it. Matcha is when the whole leaf is used and consumed. Because you are using all parts of the tea leaf, it contains more of the healthful elements that green tea provides. So it is like Green Tea but with a bonus.

I decided to make Matcha Green Tea Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies from a recipe I found and simply added 2 TBS of Matcha Green Tea Powder. I figured it would make a great energy boost combined with the sugar and chocolate chips. They are perfect for a mid afternoon pick me up snack. Plus I love chocolate chip anything so I knew this was a win/win.



I started with just the basic recipe added the powder before adding the chocolate chip and slivered almonds. It made a slightly green cookie but barely noticeable. It had a slight green tea taste but it really just tasted like a chocolate chip cookie with a hint of green tea. The next thing I'm going to bake are some banana green tea muffins. I just discovered a great banana muffin recipe that would be perfect together.

Right now it comes with a Free Matcha Recipe Guide book with purchase containing 50+ Recipes that will be emailed to you after purchase.

Have you tried Matcha Green Tea? Let me know what you have made with it or if you want to try it in the comments below.



I received this product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. 

4 comments:

  1. I have seen this, but good to know best ways to bake with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some in my pantry - it's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like green tea and expect I'd like baking with it too. The banana green tea muffins sound like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like green tea but I don't drink enough of it. I think having the powder to ad to things would be a good benefit.

    ReplyDelete