Sunday, September 7, 2014

Adovia Shea Butter from Cleopatra's Choice Review

Adovia Shea Butter by Cleopatra's Choice

Have you noticed how much Shea Butter is advertised in the beauty industry? In several moisturizers it is touted as containing Shea Butter as one of their main ingredients. But did you also know that raw unrefined organic Shea Butter performs best when it is used by itself? Shea Butter has been used for centuries for a variety of skin conditions. It doesn't need to be altered to be effective. That is why I love that Cleopatra's Choice asked me to review their 100% African Shea Butter.
Shea Butter and the Karite Nuts

Shea Butter is crafted from the nuts of the Karite Tree. The nuts of the fruit are crushed and boiled. The "butter" then is released and floats to the top. It is then gathered into what we call Shea Butter. Its one of the most natural products that you can get. Instead of going to another product that is mixed with other ingredients you can use raw unrefined organic Shea Butter to your advantage.

So you have your 1lb of Raw Shea Butter now what? You can use it as is. Apply it to any dry skin area, rough patch or callouses. You probably already know that I have Psoriasis. I have certain dry areas of skin that is very hard to moisturize. Using the Shea Butter and its consistency has made treating those spots easier. Using it on the bottom of your feet is also a great use. I wear flip flops in summer so my feet can get pretty rough. I wish I had known about the benefits for stretch marks when I was pregnant with twins. This would have been great for that. Just rub it on your belly to keep your skin more soft and supple.

You can also use it in DIY shampoos, moisturizers and other products that you can make at home. For me I use it straight on my dry spots on my elbows. I do this before I go to bed so it can work while I sleep. It's also a good time to apply to your feet.

After using this product for a week I did show results  in the two major problem areas for me. My elbows and my knees. They are both really thick with dry psoriasis patches. Keeping this area moisturized also helps my steroid creams work better.

I also like the way this is packaged, the last time I ordered Shea Butter Raw it came in a plastic bag that could easily rip. This is packaged in a nice container with a lid that can go on and off. Have you tried Raw Shea Butter? What would you make with it if you had some? Let me know in the comments below.

If you would like to find out more about Adovia Shea Butter click on the link below.

#adovia


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. This stuff sounds amazing! I've got eczema prone skin, so I'm constantly needing to keep my skin moisturized to help me from breaking out too much. I'm currently using cocoa butter lotion. Does the shea butter smell the same?

    ReplyDelete