Sunday, August 31, 2014

SweetLeaf Stevia Drops an alternative to drinking regular soda



I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with the twins. I had 2 options to control it with diet or take medicine. I didn't want to take any medicine if I didn't have to. So I began researching different alternatives that I could use instead of sugar. Most alternatives had their own issues, but there was one new one I hadn't heard of yet that I was willing to try. That was Stevia. I was able to drink Stevia sweetened drinks without it impacting my blood sugar levels.

What is Stevia?
Stevia comes from the plant Stevia rebaudiana. It has been used as a sweetener for centuries. It is said to be 200 times the sweetness of sugar. What this means is you can use a minimal amount of stevia to sweeten things, but with no sugar, calories or carbs. It also does not contain alcohols, methanol, aspartame or sucralose. They are all natural and gluten-free. It is also made with USDA Certified Organic Stevia.



What is Sweet Drops?
Sweetleaaf makes Sweet Drops which are a liquid sweetener that you can add to food and beverages. They come in a variety of flavors including:

Apricot Nectar, Berry, Chocolate, Peppermint, Root Bear, Vanilla Creme, Watermelon, English Toffee, Grape, Chocolate Raspberry and Coconut among many others.

What do I use it on?
You can use it on any food or liquid that you think could use a kick of flavor. Want to add a Apricot Nectar flavor to your plain oatmeal, put a drop or two in.

Want to add some holiday flavor to your coffee?
Add some drops of Peppermint Mocha or Pumpkin Spice.

Add the Vanilla Creme to your pancake mix just to give it a vanilla flavor for extra yummy pancakes. In fact their website has an awesome recipe section that gives you more great ideas. Their Pinterest page also is filled with mouth watering pictures of their creations.

The flavor I was sent was "Cola". The instructions state to start out with a drop or two per ounce and go from there. It is definitely a personal taste as others stated it wasn't enough and wanted more drops. I myself only required a few drops for a 8 ounce glass. I personally love the taste of it. Now those that are accustomed to drinking regular sodas might find that there is an adjustment period. But if you make a full switch it becomes like you are drinking regular soda. Then if you do by chance have a regular soda it tastes like drinking sugar. It was so full of carbs and sugar I can't drink it anymore. I prefer stevia sweetened drinks and I like that it is healthier for me as well. I love that you can toss the smaller size in your purse. That way you can have your own soda out on the go and not have to worry about options anymore. The variety of flavors is what gets me, I can make my own vanilla cola , or coconut cola. The options are endless. Plus the fact that you can use it in food too is even better. It is a multi-use product that is cost effective per serving. Have you tried SweetLeaf Stevia drops? Have you tried a Stevia product before? Let me know in the comments.

Use the code “ColaMD” at checkout to take 30 percent off your online purchase (plus you’ll get free shipping) at ShopSweetLeaf.com

Check out their Website, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest


I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms MeetsSM blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of the product. Greenmomsmeet.com


8 comments:

  1. We love these drops. My boys hate plain milk so I use this drops in their milk. They love the chocolate one best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I never thought about adding it to milk like Chocolate milk. Great Idea Tara!

      Delete
  2. When we go visit my mom she puts these drops in the kids water intstead of juice...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting - we are always trying to cut back sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. smart move not taking the meds if you dont have to, great post!!! xo, jess @ dreamingofleaving.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know there were different flavors. Would love to try the pumpkin spice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to give this a try. I don't like the way the powdered stevia taste maybe this will taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. did some one said pumpkin spice? ok, i'm loving it already

    ReplyDelete