Thursday, August 21, 2014

Anti-Allergen Pet Shampoo Review


The Ecology Works Anti-Allergen Pet Shampoo

I have a dust mite allergy

I've always had it so every time I went into the family garage I would break out in hives. They itched and it was always on my face. I have a dog that likes to run outside and roll around in the dirt. Literally. He gets covered from head to toe and wants to come back in the house to roll around on my clean carpet spreading more dust mites throughout the house. So when I started having reactions from petting my dogs I tried several things to make it go away. I would wash them but it never really did much to deter my reactions from the dust mites. My dog is also always scratching and I wonder if the dust mites bother him as well. Because the majority of dust mites are coming from the dogs I really needed a solution that would solve this issue for me.

Dirty Dust Covered Bodhi after rolling in the dirt 



Anti-Allergen Pet Shampoo

I never even knew that they made an Anti-Allergen Pet shampoo. I always thought a shampoo was a shampoo. But this neutralizes protein allegens on contact. It also helps limit pet dander which is a major problem for those with pet allergies. It also has sustained release odor protection so your pet can smell lovely longer. I used it on my dog Bodhi and he smelled great. His coat, which is pretty thick was nice and soft and conditioned. It says to make sure you get all the way down the coat to the skin and wash it thoroughly which I did. You also need to make sure you do a really good rinse off too.

Bodhi getting a bath


Plant Based formula

The Ecology Works uses a 100% biodegradeable plant and mineral based formula. I really like this because I also have a skin sensitivity/allergy to common dish soaps and other detergents/soaps. This formula did not irritate my skin after using it and my hands did not puff up and swell after using it on my dog. This is important because I need to wash my dog regularly and using gloves to wash your dog isn't fun. I had less dust mite reactions after using this product and was able to give him loves and kisses without holding back. Now I can give him hugs again! I do recommend using it every few weeks to keep the dust mites away as they will return without washing him again. 





If you would like to find out more about The Ecology Works please click the link below.



#theecologyworks
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. I really feel for you because I too have a dust mite allergy and it drives me crazy all year long. With a dog and two cats in the house I'm sure those little boogers are getting stirred up and even dragged into our bed. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. Dust mite allergy sounds miserable. So glad that you found something that worked for you. I love the idea of the odor release.. Dex is a smelly dog and is now being subjected to weekly baths. I think an odor release shampoo might actually work much more for him! Bodhi is looking just as handsome as ever though!

    ReplyDelete