Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Soap Nuts Liquid Laundry Detergent Review


Soap Nuts  Liquid  Detergent


I have really sensitive skin. 

After I had the twins my psoriasis was really bad. Then I discovered it got better if I used a natural detergent. Finding and using an all natural detergent had become essential. If you look at some of the options some are not fully natural and can still cause skin irritations.
The first time I heard of Soap Nuts Liquid, I said to myself, "What is a Soap Nut?". Well let me tell you what I have found out.

People have been using Soap Nuts as a natural detergent for hundreds of years.  

Soap Nuts or aka Sapindus Mukorossi which is one of 12 species of shrubs and small trees in the Lychee family. They are referred to as soap berries or soap nuts because the fruit pulp is used to make soap. The Soap Nuts contain saponins which are a natural surfactant (detergent). This particular species has the highest saponin content of them all.


Green Virgin Products uses high quality USDA certified organic soap nuts.
  
I always like it when I can purchase organic so this is a nice plus.  I try to live a green lifestyle and make a smaller imprint on the environment.  

 It is totally non-toxic and eco-friendly.

What I also like about Soap Nuts Liquid is that there are no chemicals added of any kind. This is really important feature for me.  Only water is used when extracting the saponins which is then filtered of solids and tannens. This is an extra step that Green Virgin Products does to ensure their Soap Nuts Liquid is of the finest quality. I also feel better knowing that no toxic chemicals are going onto sheets or clothing on my 2 children.

 The bottle is 8 ounces and will wash 120 HE washloads.  

For each HE washload use 2 pumps of Soap Nut Liquid. For toploaders use 3.   I found the pump top SO convenient. Sometimes my hands are completely full of laundry, my foot is holding the dryer door open and the last thing you need are 2 hands to take the lid off of your detergent. This was actually a huge bonus feature for me.

 It pulls double duty and makes a great window cleaner.

To make window cleaner take 1 part Soap Nuts Liquid to 50 parts water.  AWESOME!


I found that it had no smell, and cleaned my laundry better than I expected. If anything I  am more confident using Soap Nut Liquid than I am any other because I know there is nothing that will irritate my skin. I also love the number of loads this completes. Even having a toploader this will easily double the amount of loads a regular toxic liquid laundry detergent would wash.  The money you save can go towards something else!

Go ahead and check them out HERE where you will discover many more products. You can actually buy the actual berry itself and toss them in a bag and into your laundry to wash instead of the liquid alternative; which I find absolutely fascinating. 

#GVP
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds neat! I wonder why I have never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete