Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Ice Ball Molds by StyloPhora Review


StyloPhora Ice Ball Mold


There usually isn't too much variety when it comes to ice. Well that is until now...



Ice Ball Mold and Funnel
#sphereicemold
So I was watching Star Trek Into Darkness and saw this very item in the movie. I had to admit that I thought the ice cubes were pretty cool looking. I didn't know how they were made.  Then I found this product by StyloPhora.  I imagine that if you were to bust out a bunch of cocktails with this ice cube it would be a huge hit. 

My frozen Ice Ball
The idea behind the spherical shape is that it takes up the space of a glass. By using one large clump of ice it will melt slower chilling your drink longer than regular ice cubes. I was   able to fill 3 drinks using the ice ball until it completely melted. Normally it lasts one time and by the time I add a second drink the ice has almost melted. That is double the melt time.





They come in a tube, 3 to a pack. They come with a funnel so you can easily fill up your molds without making a huge mess. The ice balls actually pretty large so you need to use a wide lowball or highball glass like the one pictured.  If the glass tapers down it will stay in the top of the glass so make sure you pick out a wider glass.




After making a cocktail with fresh fruit I got an idea. Why not put fresh fruit in the Ice Ball Mold. So I did.  It looks amazing.  Here it is with Raspberries and Blueberries inside.


Fruit Ice Mold



You can also use the Molds for things other than Ice Balls.  I was thinking for easter I could easily mold  them with rice krispie treats and put a candy inside. They're just the right size and would be perfect. Because the silicone is FDA Food Grade Silicone I think they would hold up just fine for other uses. They are also Dishwasher safe and BPA Free.



Another Idea would be if you make gelato or Italian ice, or some kind of other frozen yogurt you could possibly use it as a mold using the funnel. 



Another cocktail with an Ice Ball

Overall, I absolutely recommend using these Ice Ball Molds. I would say that leaving them in the freezer for at least 4-5 hours before removing them from their molds. You can store them in plastic bags and keep making Ice Ball Molds until you have enough for your party. 


If you would like to purchase these Ice Ball Molds click HERE.






I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Noticing your website here and want to share with you something we found as a free resource for drinks recipes. On their site is 2 pages one as the front main page and the other is where the free books are. 1 has 88 pages of mixed drinks another has 437 punch bowl recipes and the last is drinking games book. Since you have this product these could be used at home to make drinks just like us. Feel free to share this with your family or friends it appears Ice Sphere Tech has these for customers and anyone.

    ReplyDelete